10 Signs You Are a Search Marketing Geek
Title says it all. As I become more and more immersed in the world of SEO and search marketing I am noticing that it is creeping into every aspect of my life. The following are by no means comprehensive of search taking over your life but they are the most common and prevalent signals that you may be living the life of a Search Geek.
- You look for and point out the SEO mistakes on every site you visit.
- Your friends and family have stopped sending you forwarded chain emails because they are tired of being accused of spamming.
- You use acronyms for everything even if there is no reason to.
- You forget that phone directories still exist until you see the new one on your doorstep once a year.
- Your 8 year old daughter will only use Firefox and tells her friends exactly why it is better than IE.
- Your friends and family have stopped asking about your work since they don’t understand what the hell you are talking about anyway.
- You get upset when people use Google as a verb.
- When you go out to eat you look for user reviews on the menu and can’t believe that restaurants have not embraced user generated content.
- You are always trying to figure out a way to copy and paste when writing with pen and paper.
- You start referring to telemarketers as Phone SPAM and junk mail as Mail SPAM.